Spinach and penne pasta...
I don't usually have a refrigerator full of food but a trip to the grocery on Tuesday provided me with a number of choices. Tonight a bundle of spinach caught my attention and I decided to make one of my favorite meals, sauteed spinach and garlic on whole wheat pasta.
The is a quick meal, cook the pasta while sauteing spinach, big chunks of garlic and a little salt in hot olive oil. When done, drain the pasta, top with the spinach mixture and add whatever protein you want. I added chicken (grilled last night) a little pepper and a small amount of grated Romano cheese. Perfect comfort food on a dreary, rainy day.
The is a quick meal, cook the pasta while sauteing spinach, big chunks of garlic and a little salt in hot olive oil. When done, drain the pasta, top with the spinach mixture and add whatever protein you want. I added chicken (grilled last night) a little pepper and a small amount of grated Romano cheese. Perfect comfort food on a dreary, rainy day.
Running has been good of late and I have been steady with my core exercises. Although the runs are short, only 3 miles, and on a treadmill, I am pushing myself to be faster. I have thrown out my 2008 mindset to hold back till the end of a run and started dialing up the pace with each mile. I love the feeling of freedom as my arms and legs move through the motions, running is exciting again. My goal is to see a significant improvement in my time for the New Year's Day 5k with an eye toward a faster time in the Straw Plains 10k.
2 comments:
That looks good to me! Nice and straight forward, but would taste great about now.
I've wondered that too about spinach. The disk looks yummy, though.
Glad to hear you are excited about running again!
Post a Comment